When we combined Smart technology with a direct drive trainer, the indoor training experience was elevated to a totally new experience level. The global response to the NEO has been phenomenal and this has fuelled our desire to develop a range of trainers that will make this training experience available to a larger group of cycling enthusiasts. The result is highly functional, capable and intuitive device with its own distinctive silhouette.
The FLUX is a fully interactive Smart trainer, that connects you to all your favourite apps. Hosting the dual band ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth technology, it communicates with and can be controlled by any device of your choice. The responsive Smart electronics make sure that the smallest fluctuation in power settings is converted into an alteration in resistance, making sure that each watt is transferred accurately to your body.
8 strong electro magnets
The desire to create an accessible direct drive has meant designing a whole new product. The best riders are able to produce 850 watts for 1 minute, or maintain 450 watts for 20 minutes. The FLUX has been designed to deliver exactly these power values and is thus more than capable of fulfilling the needs of the average cyclist. Driven by 8 strong electro magnets the FLUX is even able to generate a stunning 1500 watts during a sprint. The trainer feels very smooth due to its 7 kilogram flywheel. The FLUX has a simple calibration process ensuring tension and power measurements, accurate within 5%, whilst the products internal structure has been tuned to simulate a true road feel.
This inner structure has also meant developing a new outer design: a casing that covers and complements the product whilst honouring the looks of its bigger brother. Its compact design clearly differentiates the FLUX from other indoor trainers whilst subtly being a family member of the NEO, with the same stealth-like form language and durable, sophisticated finish.
The FLUX has been designed to complement Tacx’s direct drive assortment beautifully and it can be seen as the most accessible interactive Smart direct drive trainer to date.
The FLUX is a compact and realistic interactive direct drive and is maintenance-free. The swift response of the Smart electronics and the 7kg flywheel transmits the slightest fluctuations in resistance directly and accurately to your legs.
Tacx heaviest flywheel
Of all the Tacx trainers, the FLUX has the heaviest actual flywheel with an effect of 23kg. The greater the flywheel effect, the more realistic the cycling experience. It uses ANT+ and Bluetooth® Smart for communication and can therefore be connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets. The ANT+ FE-C protocol enables you to train with Tacx apps as well as third-party apps such as Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone; if you do not connect the FLUX, it will simulate a flat road.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart direct drive with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Neodymium magnets
- Transmission: None
- Electrical requirements : 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator (Wattage): None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT) : 2 LEDs
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Supplied with: Quick release for racing bikes and mountain bikes (5 mm)
- Suitable bikes: Width of rear fork: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm. Adapters for other widths available
- Max. power (40 km/h): 1500 Watt
- Max. slope: 10%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Max. torque: 22.1Nm
- Max. brake force: 65 N
- Flywheel: Actual, 7 kg
- Flywheel effect: 22.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint (lxw): 670x650mm (26.4x25.6 in)
- Height: 465 mm (18.3 in)
- Dimensions when folded: Not foldable
- Weight: 16 kg (35.3 lbs)
- Article number: T2900
Data output and control:
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Output: Speed, cadence and power
- Read out on: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: <5%
- Software Tacx apps & Third party apps. PC software via upgrade.
- Operation Automatic
- Resistance unit Direct drive
- Realistic slope 10% 1
- Descent simulation No
- Max brake power (10 sec.) 1500 Watt
- Mass inertia 22,8 kg